The Startup Academy is a training program for migrant entrepreneurs. During this 10 week training program you will strengthen your business skills, develop and test your business idea and learn how to start a business in The Netherlands. You will be part of a small group of future entrepreneurs getting theory, practical exercises, brainstorms and conversations.
We do not have teachers. We don’t believe teaching is the best way for you to get the understanding of entrepreneurship and the confidence in yourself that you can do it. We believe it is more like a journey. So instead of teachers we have facilitators or “guides” that accompany you on your journey. They will share main learning points and lead discussions, reflections and exercises.
The curriculum of the Startup Academy consists of the following sessions:
- Forget about your Business Plan (Lean Startup)
- Get the best out of yourself (Productivity)
- How business builds society (Better World Business)
- Understand the big picture and see your blind spots (Business Model Canvas)
- Building a strong foundation for your business (Value Proposition Design)
- Outsmart your competition (Blue Ocean Strategy)
- Only customer satisfaction will grow your business (Customer Discovery)
- Money, how do you use it do start, control and grow your business (Numbers Speak)
- Pitching your business (Presenting your Product Market Fit)
- How to postpone and reduce financial investments (Design your MVP)
During the Startup Academy a coach will be assigned to you. A coach is someone who helps you think through things you haven’t thought of yet or have difficulty grasping. Such as your motivation to start your business, what hinders you from actually starting and how to overcome hurdles. There are 7 individual coaching sessions included in the Startup Academy.
What we expect from you
We expect you to:
- have an entrepreneurial mindset and motivation to start your business
- the willingness and ability to participate in all 10 sessions
- the desire to apply the tools you get offered in the Startup Academy to your own business idea by working on the given assignments
- work with your coach to reflect and better understand your motivation to start a business
What entrepreneurs say about our course
Don’t wait – come and join us!
Don’t wait: come and join us! The Startup Academy runs multiple times a year. Mostly in Dutch but we do have English editions as well if there is enough demand. Please continue on our Dutch website to read more and apply.